Frequently Asked Questions
All new Inovonics products come with a 3-year Factory Warranty and Premiere Remote Technical Support.
Subject to complications in repair and your approval of the initial estimate, typical repairs are done within 5 business days. We never consider repairs or service a source of income for the company, and we keep a healthy stock of replacement parts, hence rates are reasonable and turnaround times are quick.
Our representatives will call you on the number provided once your product is ready to be shipped back to you.
Manuals and downloads for our Legacy products are located in the “Downloads” section of the website, or found by individual model name under the Legacy products sections.
When using the Inovonics Model 730 with NexGen automation, first make sure that you have the latest version of the NexGen software.
Then go to the Export Format(s) page and select “Standard” for Format and “TCP-IP” for Output.
Next check the “Remove Header” box down in the lower left hand corner of the window.
In the lower right, enter the port number and IP address of the Model 730 Encoder. Typically the port number will be 10001 and the IP might be 192.168.1.200 or similar.
In the Standard Format Settings area on Line 1, enter the Lead Text; DPS= if you want the artist and song information to go to the PS field or TEXT= if you only want it to go to the Radio Text field or DPSTEXT= if you want the information to go to both PS and RT fields.
Then select Title from the Output Field. On Line 2, leave the Lead Text blank but then select Artist from the Output Field.
In the Field / Record Separators section, select Other Space from the Field Separator and for the Record Separator, select CR/LF.
Click OK and restart NexGen.
This is tough to do since most new computers don’t have a floppy disk drive nor a parallel port. Here’s the short answer, you need to boot your computer into DOS and not go through a DOS window or shell.
Once you have made a boot disk, add the 701-USA.exe file to the floppy disk (this .exe file and pdf instructions titled Manual Addendum can be found in our Legacy Products section of the Downloads page under 701).
Once the computer boots from the floppy, navigate to to the floppy drive and type 701-usa This will start the 701 program.
Follow the instructions in the manual and send the data to the 701.
Oh yes, remember that the 701 has to be plugged into the parallel port and that the cable should be pin for pin, all 25 pins. The shorter the better as long cables tend to have too much capacitance.
With a BNC cable, hook the 19kHz SYNC output of the David IV to the 19kHz SYNC input on the 703.
With a BNC cable, hook the RDS OUTPUT of the 703 to the RDS INPUT on the David IV.
Turn the output level on the 703 all the way up. This is a multi-turn pot so turn it to the right 15 - 20 turns.
On the David IV, navigate to menu Setup / Stereo Generator / RDS Input and make sure the check box for Enable is checked.
The RDS injection level should now show up on the LCD screen.
Push the knob and adjust it up or down so that you have 5% injection.
All you need to make this work is the latest firmware version (2.9) of our 730 RDS Encoder and either a Digital Alert Systems DASDEC or SageDigital ENDEC. See the full guide on setting up both EAS encoders at www.inovonicsbroadcast.com/support/blog/730_dasdec_endec.html
A. Installing the Inovonics RDS USB drives (703, 720, 730) must be done manually. Here is how it's done.
1. Hold down the SHIFT key while pressing “Restart”.
2. After rebooting, a blue screen appears with some options. Choose “Troubleshoot”.
3. Click “Advanced Options”.
4. Choose “Startup Settings” and click Restart.
5. In the Startup Settings menu that appears, select “ 7) Disable driver signature enforcement”.
6. Once it boots back into Windows, you can install the drivers normally by running the driver installation executable.
A. Installing the Inovonics RDS USB drives must be done manually. Here is how it's done.
1. Open the Windows 8 sidebar by moving the cursor top/bottom right corner of the screen.
2. Choose Settings and click "Change PC Settings".
3. Choose General and scroll to the bottom. Click "Restart Now".
4. On the following screens, choose Troubleshoot -> Advanced Options -> Startup Settings.
5. Click "Restart". Once the boot options appear, choose "Disable Driver Signature Enforcement".
6. Now the device drivers can be installed as usual. With the device plugged in, find it under Devices & Printers in the Control Panel.
7. Double click on the device and choose the hardware tab. Click on "Properties".
8. If necessary, click "Change Settings" in the General tab to allow changes.
9. Select the Driver tab and click "Update Driver". Choose "Browse my computer for driver sofware."
10. Direct Windows to your Inovonics USB driver location, the default being C:\Program Files (x86)\Inovonics\Inovonics 703-720-730 RDS\USB Driver
11. Click next to install the driver. When the prompt appears, choose "Install this driver software anyway".
The Gmail account must have the “Allow less secure apps” option enabled.
This option is disabled by default, preventing hardware devices from using Gmail as a SMTP server.
You can enable this option by going to https://myaccount.google.com/lesssecureapps while logged into the Gmail account you wish to use.
The SMTP settings to use for Gmail are:
Username: Your full Gmail address
Password: Your Gmail password